Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Daylight Savings Hell

Daylight Savings sounds like such a good thing right? Surely something called "savings" must be beneficial.

It stinks. Nope, I can't even put a positive spin on it. The kids wake up by 5:30-6, it is already dark outside and I still have half an hour of work, and everyone is grumpy. Well, I'm grumpy. And that is making everyone grumpy.

I always struggle with the time change, but this year seems even worse. It might be due to the unseasonably gorgeous fall we had that allowed me to be in winter-denial just a few more weeks. Today, I needed mittens. And apaprently, if I walk the dog, I will need a flashlight less I risk stepping in poop.

On a good note, this means the holidays are drawing closer. Turkey was on sale for .48 a pound this week. Crazy. I can't wait to put up the tree if for no other reason than to offer a little more light on these dreary Maine afternoon/nights.

Tomorrow I will aim for a more upbeat posting :) Did I mention we have been pretty much done Christmas shopping since Aug/Sept?

No comments: